Happy New Year, everyone!
Last year, I wrote about my year in review and set goals for this year too. This year, I thought of checking how I’ve fared.
What I intended to do in 2011:
- Attempt all the recipes in my Italian Cooking cookbook – I’ll consider this done! The only things I haven’t attempted in this cookbook are the recipes for making pizza base.
- Complete at least one of the novels swirling in my head – Not done, but got around 10k done as part of Nano. You can check out the first page here.
- Call up a piano teacher and resume the lessons that I dropped 15 years ago – Haha! In my dreams!
- Break into five new markets. I say this every year and last year I managed three – Managed two, both for fiction which was my focus this year.
- Write/complete at least one short story per month – Shockingly, I’ve written 9, count them, NINE, brand new full-fledged short stories this year, and two more that I’ve started. I’ve astonished myself with my output!
- Work out in gym minimum 3 days a week – I have done this fairly regularly, except for weeks in between when the cold/cough/viral/flu got the better of me.
What I didn’t intend to do but did anyway:
- Visited three new places this year – Kashmir, Goa and Jodhpur/Jaisalmer.
- Rode a horse for the first time
- Jet-skied in Goa
- Rode a camel in Jaisalmer – never had so much backache in my life!
- Attended a Writing Workshop hosted by the awesome amazing Anil Menon! Two weekends full of writing and discussions related to writing – best experience ever!
- Prepared some of Nigella’s recipes, including her meatloaf and back-from-the-bar snack, among others.
That’s all for 2011! Here’s to hoping 2012 is awesome and inspiring for everyone!
Happy New Year, Gargi. You seem to have managed to write quite a bit last year. Hope this year we will see a completed novel from you 🙂
Wow! I am envious. Visiting Jaisalmer has been on my wish list for quite some time. Looks like you had a wonderful time.
Thanks, Rachna! I too hope to see a completed novel from me this year 🙂
Wow, you stood by your resolutions admirably. I intend to take some inspiration from them!
Happy New Year and all the best for 2012.
Hey thanks, Payal! Wish you a great 2012 as well!